Monday, January 2, 2012

Please, Translate That Into English.

Please Translate that into English
 
Recently I heard a story ,that change the way I think about languages. The story was simple, but to me makes sense. The story says that in ancient times the whole humanity spoke only one language, united the civilization decided that together they should build a tower tall enough that would reach the sky, so that they all could climb up to heaven. With only one language the civilization did not had any communication problem, in fact it was so easy to understand each other, that building the tower was so easy peaceful and unified. Sadly their god furiously destroyed the tower, and divide the civilizations into small tribes and not only that, he also decided that the punishment would be that every tribe should speak a different language, so they would never understand each other again. I love to learn new languages, it is fascinating to me the diversity and complexity of every single language I know, even thought learning languages is exciting to me sometimes learning languages don’t always has the gratifying outcome that I expected. One of the most common things I see in those who don’t speak English and speak other language, is the hardship that they have to face, injustices, misunderstandings , fear and sometimes even human cruelty. It is frustrating to me when I see language as a barrier for growth or mutual respect between races. Not enough understanding between races creates frustrations and in cases leads to aggression, stress, segregation .etc In battles one common attack strategy is by applying codes that only the army understands, but now the way I see words is as highly weapons. I value communication, I believe that by talking and expressing my thoughts is fairly my only shoot to implant, my personal thoughts into somebody else’s mind that’s why to me communicating and learning to expand not only my tongues, but the cultures and traditions that languages open to me, in other words the new the worlds I’m able to translate and finally understand. One of the most remarkable experience I gained by jumping from one language to another ,is that the only thing that we might not see or understand from others that don’t speak our same language is to understand that emotions are universal and even though we might not understand each other language , feelings are always standard ,they could be written in so many words but translate in just one single meaning. For Example ‘’love’’. regardless of our race ,sex , color, and differences we still having feelings as our common unify weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment