Sunday, October 30, 2011

Community- the common unity life style.

 I work in family restaurant called '' La selva'', which means the jungle in spanish. I have work there for almost a year now and I consider them to be part of my family. I  heard once that friends are the family you choose and that concept is one of my favorites. In La selva we not only serve food with our biggest smile, we enjoy the time that we work together.We laugh, dance, talk, help each other and sometimes even have teraphy session in the kitchen.I dont think that La selva is like any other job out there, what makes la selva special to me is that is a place of unity. We celebrate hollidays together, for example we do a romantic night on valentine's day, we wear costumes in halloween and in christmas we give toys and presents to our costumers. La selva is of course a jungle, our boss loves decoration and he allows us to add a monkey  here and there once in a while.which means that the decoration of the restaurant could be  a piece of art from the chef's artistic talent. Our boss is very supportive he is not so strict, but he does expect the best from us . We are open to give a ideas to improve our service or invent  a new plate. We do suprize birthday  parties to eachother,and sometimes when the restaurant closes we go to the park and have barbeque to spend more time together. Unfortunately the restaurant has not been doing so well for the past months and I'm  afraid to say that our boss is almost facing bankruptcy. Which means that he has to pay us once a month, and he even pays us in payments sometimes. Amazingly no one has quit the job, instead we try to come with more ideas and plates to make our restaurant a better one everyday.
I think that community is a place where persons share a commong goal , and their passion for that goal unites them so they can act as one. One community which could act as one for many, and many for one. A  community also makes me think about the importance of every single individual in the world.  Today  I  thank the farmer who cultivate the food  I  ate,the person who sew my clothes , the person who builded my house. We all depend of eachother to live even when it feels like we are alone in this world . we always had somebody that cared for us and helped us live through the day. I think that no matter how small the work is, it is important, for me and for all the world. Today  I want to be the change that I want to see in this world and give my best because I know that  I  dont have to be famous and rich to be important for the world. I  just have to be me and give the best of me every single day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Didn't know how passionate you are with your writing and outlook on life great blog posts. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete